Chapter 12:

The Garden of Eden

by Quwinntessa Starber



Willow awoke the next day in their room. She wasn't quite sure when it had become "their" room, but it was now. She sat up, looking around the empty room, trying to find Spike, but he wasn't there. She knew the night before had been hard for him. He'd insisted that she stay the night with him, and though she protested, in the end she curled gratefully around his body.

Willow couldn't believe what had happened yesterday, it didn't quite feel real. She was no stranger to self-fulfillment--no teenage girl was-- but she'd never had a partner to help, never really ever imagined anyone would want too. But Spike had, he'd shown her something so beyond her scope that she found herself falling back into bouts of nostalgia to think about the feel of his lips against her writs, or his fingers against her--

Where was, Spike?

Throwing off the covers, Willow hunched over as a flutter of cramps found their way into her back. She stretched, hoping that would help, but knowing in reality that it was pointless. Glancing at the clock, Willow saw that it was far too early for Spike to be awake, only about three in the afternoon.

Worried, but determined not to show it if possible, Willow went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. She was trying her best to respect Spike's wishes, and anything she could do to help was something she absolutely had to do. She'd watched him suffer last night as they sat in the library together. Every now and then, his game face would slip and then he'd be off and into the back part of the library, gone for ten to fifteen minutes before returning. She'd still been shy about the whole thing, asking him softly if he wanted her to try showering again. He knew then what he was doing to her, and he did indeed send her off for a shower, but met her in the bedroom for an early day's sleep.

She remembered all this as she dried off, going back into the bedroom to see if Spike had returned, he hadn't. Resigned to finding him, Willow went to the closet and withdrew another one of Spike's silk shirts, closing her eyes in remembered passion as the fabric caressed her skin, transfixed by the smell of his cologne around the collar.

With bare feet, Willow left the bedroom and walked silently down the long hallway, lit only occasionally by gas scones. She stopped before the top of the stairs to admire a painting of an old looking stained glass window. It took her a moment to justify a painting instead of the real thing--no matter how beautiful it would have been, to a vampire it was one more source of death.

She glided down the stairs, the soles of her feet sinking deeply into the plush carpet.

Willow began with the library, but after finding no sign of Spike, tried his study before moving down the final flight of stairs. In the entranceway, she tried to figure out where to begin. She could search the kitchens, but Spike would never expect her to be up this early, so breakfast wouldn't be on his mind. The ballroom was a likely choice, but something seemed strange about that, as if it just wasn't a place for him to go. Spike would have wanted to surround himself with something, to take comfort in feeling completely encased without really being trapped.

Then suddenly, she knew where he was.

Her ankle cracked on the last step, sounding an echo throughout the marble entranceway. She resisted a giggle, and instead resumed her silent walk down the hallway and to the left.

Steam rose and collected on the glass walls of the built in conservatory. Through the glass, Willow could see the dozens of plant varieties that grew in the greenhouse. Absently, she noted that the set of mirrors that drew sunlight from outside were down, leaving the room in darkness. Without stopping to consider the flowers any further, Willow opened the door and stepped inside.

The air was thick with humidity, and her skin felt damp and muggy against the silk shirt, but the heat was good for her back, and she stretched languidly, her hands raising above her head in relief.

A thin stone path cut between the plant life, and Willow knew a small pond containing goldfish was in the center were a small fountain stood. She walked that way, mindful of the stones beneath her naked feet. A few branches of a broad leafed plant hung in her way across the path, and Willow gently pushed them aside to reveal the fountain, and the hunched form of Spike.

He was seated on one of the benches, his back hunched over his knees as his face rested in the palms of his hands. He was dressed in a black silk shirt and a pair of tan pants that were in a style a century old; but his feet were bare, and his hair looked tousled from his restless night's sleep. He looked innocent like that, nothing like the killer she knew him to be, and she knew why, knew he was fighting his demon even now, struggling with the feel and scent of her on the very air she stood in.

Silently she cursed herself, how could she have come here, it was likely the only place that wasn't permeated with this scent that drove male vampires insane. Spike was probably looking for a few minutes peace, and here she was, disrupting even this solitude.

Those thoughts lasted for about ten seconds. In their wake was a series of thoughts so much more powerful than the last. She belonged here! She belonged next to him, with him, no matter what state her body was in. He had no right to push her away, to try and hide from her. This was not his burden to bear, it was theirs, together, and more than that, it was a burden neither had to bear.

Spike had wanted to spare her modesty, to give her time to adjust to the things that had happened to her and the things she'd learned. Yes she'd tried to have Spike kill her, yes she'd tried to hurt herself to stop the pain, yes she'd done it twice, yes she'd revealed a secret that even now haunted her memory; but she was not weak, not anymore. His love and kindness had made her stronger. His desire for her had strengthened her will to live, for as long as he let her, until Spike joined them together in eternity. She knew the whole of her life had been bringing her to this point, this very moment; and she knew, exactly, what she wanted.

Unconsciously, her shoulders squared, her back strengthening, as she walked slowly towards the hunched figure on the bench. Spike didn't look up as she approached, and it was with a mental slap on the forehead and a congratulatory slap on the back that she realized she was wearing only the black shirt, and not a damn thing else.

Willow could easily see him struggling to control himself. His body was tense, his muscles shaking slightly from the effort to maintain control. Spike had told her last night that the second day was always the worst, the third just slightly better. To think of him as suffering even more than he had yesterday, it was more than Willow was willing to stand.

Her delicate fingers came up to just barely touch the outside of his hand, and his face shot up instantly, his eyes golden in the misty light.

"I woke up and you weren't there. What happened?" She watched him struggle with the demon, saw the ridges of his face flicker across his features, his eyes dilating as she moved her fingers to touch firmly to his cheek.

He tried to turn away from her, tried to hide the struggle raging inside his body; Willow only opened her palm to lay against his cheek, keeping him in place. "What happened?"

A smile that could only be considered painful fell across Spike's face, and Willow could see the beads of sweat from his struggles forming on his brow. "Nothing, Pet. Everything's fine. W-why don't you run upstairs and get ready for the day." He gulped, she saw the apple of his throat move in response to his suffering. "You know, grab a shower and throw some…more clothes on." He was failing and he knew it, worse, he knew she knew it as well.

Spike was hurting, he was in pain, and so was she; this had to stop now.

Her hands came up to cradle his face, her fingers brushing against his cheekbones, the pads of her thumbs caressing his eyelids. Slowly, softly, she worked her hands over his face, smoothing back his hair, touching him while he was too enthralled to protest.

Enthralled he was. Spikes eyes were already golden, but a dull look of distance was in them, and it took Willow a moment to realize it was an almost drug like pleasure.

Empowered by her own dedication, and the sudden look in Spike's eyes, Willow took a step forward, felt Spike spread his knees to accommodate her legs, felt his firm fingers digging almost instantly into her hips.

As she looked into his eyes, she could see the war behind the golden spheres. Spike was fighting to remain in control. She had no desire for him to ever lose control, in fact the very idea frightened her. Willow knew Spike would have to be thinking, but now was still the time to get him off balance.

Bending at the knees, Willow pushed her body forward until the peaks of her breasts were pushed forcefully against Spike, the force seeming to push him backwards on the bench. Her mouth hovered only inches from his lips as she spoke. "I just took a shower not five minutes ago. This thing you're trying to do, Spike, it isn't going to work, and I don't want it to. I am yours, I have been since the moment you saw me in that park. I'm not doing this because I owe you anything; it's your job to take care of me, you promised me you would. But that goes both ways, Spike. This is something I can do for you, let me do this for you, for us. I can't stand to see you like this." Then with as much speed and force as she could, Willow kissed him, crushing her mouth to his in an act that could only be considered brutal and demanding.

It was enough. With a growl so loud it rumbled past Willow's own chest pressed against Spike's, the vampire's grip about her hips shifted and he was slamming her body against his, pulling her into his body as far as physicality would allow. His grip was almost punishing, hurting her for making him want her so much, for making him do this, but she tempered it with the soft caresses of her hands against his back, along the ridges of his face. His hands wound into her hair, forcing her head back with a strong tug that hurt far worse than she let on. Fangs grazed her neck but did not puncture, while his skilled tongue soothed the angry scratches left behind.

The heady mixture of pain and pleasure had Willow panting, and her hands became useless except as anchors to the tense biceps of her captor and soon to be lover. Spike's growls became lower, the sound more of a vibration than an actual tone. His mouth found her breast, and Willow moaned loudly at his skill. A sharp sting caught her attention, and she cried out as his fangs punctured her nipple, the warm feeling of pooling blood causing Willow's world to dim for a moment.

And then, it was as if she were his mother, only in a near reverse. Spike's arms flashed under her legs, and before she knew what was happening she was laying across his lap, his hand supporting her as his head bent over to suckle from her dripping breast. And the sensation, the erotic, sensual, sensation of a full grown man doing this to her, drawing life from her in this way, had her crying out as the beautiful tension filled her lower body, making her arch into his mouth.

With every pull on her breast, with every caress of his tongue to stimulate the blood to flow, Willow felt the crest of absolute fulfillment rise in her, until she was begging with body and voice for release, calling his name over and over in some plea for mercy. She wanted him, needed him, there was no denying it, no point in pushing it aside for later, it was now, the present, this very moment; and Spike obliged.

Again his cool fingers--warmer now for the blood he'd taken from her-- stole under the tails of her borrowed silk. With skilled ease he found what she needed, and with one final pull on her breast, and a firm caress of his fingers, she was complete. She screamed, the sound vibrating throughout the glass room, shaking the windows and disturbing the plant life. The sound was soul deep and powerful, filled with satisfaction that comes only from the deepest fulfillment. Exhausted tears drifted slowly from her eyes as Spike's mouth continued its assault, and his fingers returned to haunt her just as she thought her body had achieved blissful peace.

Trembling against him, Willow used all her remaining strength to wrap her arms about his neck, to pull him even more firmly against her so that this contact, this sweet, sweet torture would not end. Her fingers wound idly into his short hair, until Spike's fingers made her forget what they'd been doing.

How long this continued, Willow did not know. She was sated and well loved, feeling warm and languid now as Spike's fingers were less of an instrument to her insanity and more a comfort which she spread her knees wide to welcome. His mouth continued to work her body, and she sighed at this feeling, this blissful feeling of completeness with a vampire, with a man.

Eventually, she knew things had to stop, and it was with her deepest regret that she spoke softly to him, her fingers working lightly at the back of his neck. "Spike, oh Spike, you have to stop now. There's more but you have to stop this now."

Slowly, over the course of nearly ten minutes, Spike worked his way back to her, fighting his demon for control as he lifted his head, his tongue licking the slight tinge of blood off his lips. Willow didn't look down at herself. Spike had never even removed her shirt and she knew if she looked the shock of her blood soaked chest might manage to send her into a light panic.

Instead she focused on Spike's eyes, and when the look of near desperate guilt came into them, she spoke again. "I'm ready to finish this, and I want you to stop feeling guilty right now. I knew what I was doing, knew that something like this would happen. I won't say that I'm not scared, I won't lie to you, but you need this, we need this. I'm no expert on vampire bonds, but I understand how powerful blood is to you, I accept that about you, and I accept that about my future self as well. I trust you to stay in control now, as a Master, as my future mate, to keep from turning me. I trust you to keep all your promises to me. I love you, and I want to give this gift to you." Leaning forward, Willow kissed him, her tongue tasting her own blood on his lips--the taste did not disgust her as it once might have.

Spike was breathing hard, forcing air into long dead lungs out of some deeply engrained directive. "Willow…you don't know what you're asking."

Suddenly, firm hands wrapped about Spike's face, forcing him to look into the dilated ones of his desire. "I know exactly what I'm asking, and you know exactly what I'm giving. If you can't do it for yourself, then do it for me, do it because I can't stand to see you like this." And she kissed him again, throwing all of her desperation into the touch of her lips.

It was the last bit of resistance Spike had left. On legs coursing with the power of virgin blood, Spike stood and lifted Willow with him, barely taking his eyes from hers as he navigated his way out of the conservatory and up the wide stairs to the second floor.

He swept them both into his study by the library, placing Willow on top of the desk and kissing her passionately, before pulling away and nearly ripping a painting from the wall. Behind the frame stood a wall safe, and with only a few turns, Spike had it opened. His fingers were nibble, and in seconds he had what he needed tucked into his shirt pocket before going back to the table to collect Willow.

She kissed the column of his neck on the way up the last stairs, adding her own marks in the form of light bruises that in some way made her feel as if he now belonged completely to her. She never saw him shut off the gas to the lights, never even noticed when they fell into complete darkness. All that mattered, all she needed was here in her arms, the rest of the world could disappear and she'd never know nor care.

Once in the master bedroom, Spike shut and locked the door. He walked to the bathroom door and set her on her feet. His instructions were crystal clear. "Take it out and get rid of the shirt." Nearly vibrating with need, Willow moved to the toilet and pulled haphazardly on the string before flushing and ripping the shirt off, tearing the fabric in her haste.

And then she was back, his arms wrapping around her again to lift her into the air. He moved to the bed, crawling on his knees across it until he could place her in the middle of its wide expanse.

She fought every instinct she had not to cover her body, not to shake with fear instead of need. But ever the vigilant lover, Spike noticed, and calmed himself down to caress her body softly in preparation. When he spoke it was to ease her fears.

"In a few moment's I’m going to take your arm and tie a tourniquet around it, here. I'll tap the inside of your elbow to raise a vein. I told you, this process is considered painful, but a heavy dose of morphine should take care of most of it. Once the drugs take, I'll roll you to your side and then puncture a set of nerves at your lower back where I showed you last night. It'll take a little while, but you'll know when it starts working. Then I'll drink from you, and I swear it to you, my Red Queen, you will only feel pleasure." Leaning forward he kissed her soundly, caressing her stomach as the chill of fear crept into her bones. "I love you, Willow."

"I-I love you too, Spike."

The tourniquet was placed then, and Willow watched in fascination as Spike plunged the needle into the stopper, extracting an exact amount of clear liquid.

"H-how do you know how much to give me?"

He smiled, a slow soft smile. "Angelus used to be an addict, completely dependent on the stuff during the last two decades of the nineteenth century. He had a bitch of a time kicking it." He licked the inside of her elbow before gently and painlessly inserting the needle and delivering the drug.

Willow had never in her life done drugs before and she said as much. Spike chuckled as he slipped the needle from her arm and released the tourniquet. "You're not missing much. Angelus was a bigger poof than he was as Angel when he was high. Used to wear the dumbest things you've ever seen; put on one of Dru's corsets once and walked around the house scaring the servants."

"How di-did he kick the habit?" She asked, her limbs still shaking.

Spike hesitated, his eyes going dark for a moment. "I locked him in the cellar for two months. For two months he fed from me and me alone, and for two months he took out his rage on me. It was alright though, worth it in the end to have him back." Suddenly Spike's lips closed, as if he'd said more than he wanted to ever say again. "Not important, Luv. Tell me when the world goes a little topsy-turvy on you."

She could tell he was more in control. His eyes had remained a clear blue since she'd returned from the bathroom, and she thought her blood already in his veins must have helped with that at least a little.

Willow didn't notice the first hit of the drug to her system, but Spike knew it from her next statement.

"I'm scared."

Sitting back, Spike brushed a few stray hairs from Willow's check. "It's alright to be scared, it's a scary thing. I doubt you'll feel so scared in a few minutes, but until then, just try to relax. I love you. You're the most beautiful woman I've ever met, both inside and out." He lifted her hand, kissing her palm until she sighed, her eyes rolling slightly up as the drug now slammed home to her system.

He allowed her to bask in the high for a moment, knowing that with the pain she'd be only slightly buzzed. He'd purposefully given her a bit too much, but she'd be fine in the morning.

Spike couldn't express in words what this gift meant to him. It was an act of trust so final from Willow, that he knew that after this there would be no more retreats to childhood. Come tomorrow night, she'd be completely woman, his woman, and he couldn't prevent the growl of possessiveness he gave off at the thought.

He was startled a bit when she giggled. "You're all, grrrrrr! You're so cute when you do that." Willow giggled again.

Leaning down, Spike kissed her softly. "Ok, Willow, I want you to roll to your side now, you'll be alright, I'll make sure you don't roll off the bed." She giggled again, but rolled to her left as he gently positioned her to curve the lower part of her back. "Now hold really, still, Luvie. This is going to hurt, but I want you to breath through it, I promise I'll make it up to you."

"OK, Spikey!"

Cringing at the nickname, but entrance with her playful behavior, Spike fell into game face and allowed his demon to assume control. With minimal difficulty he found the small bundle of nerves by her bottom three vertebra. The ancient Chinese long knew of a similar trick using acupuncture, this was only slightly more barbaric.

Not stopping to warn her further, he struck. Lightening fast, his left fang punctured the ridge of her spin and he listened in a grip of sympathy, to the sound of Willow crying out in pain. His right hand held her hips still while his left kept her from scooting away while his own fluids pumped into her system.

When the sound of Willow's tears were more than he could stand, he withdrew, slicing his tongue to stop the blood, then licking it way to disinfect.

"There now, Luvie. You were so brave. I'm so proud of you." She sniffled as he gently rolled her onto her back. "I'm so sorry I had to hurt you, Willow, but I promise, in just a minute I'll make you forget all about it, I promise. Don't I keep all my promises?" He watched her nod tearfully. "Good girl. That's my girl," and he gently brushed the tears aside.

He watched her silently then, saw her eyes drift in the throws of a first time fix. She moaned soundlessly, a mixture of fear and the still desperate hum of her body's need for his. Gloriously naked before him, Spike had the first real opportunity to examine his prize with the critical eye of a painter.

Long straight hair the color of first drawn blood fanned out around a pixyish face with wide green eyes. Her lips were kissable, neither overly full nor too thin. The column of her neck was long and lean, meeting with visible collar bones that only enhanced the beauty of her perfectly shaped pert breasts. Her stomach was nearly flat, and on her back, she seemed even more thin than usual. Wide hips completed an hourglass figure that was at once alluring to a man born in the eighteenth century. Long thin legs tapered to delicate feet that seemed almost a little too small to support her five foot five inch figure. In a word, Willow was perfect.

But there was the briefest in draw of breath, and Spike watched the first signs of discomfort flitter across Willow's features. Instantly he bent to comfort her. "Everything's fine, Luvie. You're doing wonderfully. Turn your head now, that's it. I want you watch the fire for a little while. Just focus on it like you told me you do when you pray to the Goddess. Keep your eyes focused right there, Willow. Your hands, your arms, legs, they can do whatever you want, whatever they need to, but I want you to keep your eyes right there. Will you do that for me, Willow? Will you look right there for me?"

From this angle above her, he could see the firelight dancing in the green depths of her eyes. Hesitantly, she nodded her head, the discomfort clearing some of the Morphine haze. One frightened hand reached for his blindly, and he took it, squeezing before laying it to rest across her stomach.

"If you ever want me to stop, Willow, just say, 'stop', and I will, I promise you. I'm going to take care of you. I love you…so much."

"I love you too, Spike, I love you too."

Doing his best not to startle her, Spike slid his right hand from the mattress onto her left hip and across her stomach to her right side. With both hands on her hips, he moved, careful to go slowly so that she could sense his movements before he arrived. She jumped as he set his right knee on top of her two locked one, his need understood from the slight pressure he placed there. He watched her body quake once before her knees slowly unlocked, and with gentle insistence, he put his own knee between hers.

His blood warmed hands glided down over Willow's hips, over her thighs before gently cupping her knees, slowly pulling them further apart as she continued to quake, her breathing desperate.

He wanted to sooth her, to comfort the fear she was feeling at her first true intimate act, but the separation of her legs brought the overwhelming scent of blood to him, and it was all he could do to keep from ravaging her.

Mindful of his own instantaneous erection, Spike lowered his body closer to the bed, so that his hands were once again resting on Willow's hips. With a gentle nudge and a lifting from her seat, she was open to him, the natural curve of her body acting like a waiting saucer, refilling with every contraction of her body.

It was more than he could stand. His face shifted completely, his demon demanding he take her now, make her his in every way a vampire could claim a female. It was a call of his nature, and one he could not resist. With a slow and savoring swipe, he tasted the essence of his Queen and did not stop until there was nothing more to take.

chapter 11

chapter 13

Back to Whispered Fire Main

Back to Fanfic Main Page